simple is beautiful
Too Fat For Fashion: In My Closet: Miss J
2 ... 2 ...

Sunday, August 27, 2006

In My Closet: Miss J

I think its important to see just what plus sized women are really buying in the stores and what actually exists within our closets. Most clothing manufacturers would have us believe that there isn't a market for beautiful plus sized clothing, its the excuse they use when asked why they don't include larger sizes for their lines. I believe that seeing what actually exists in the closets of plus sized girls can help shatter that myth while sharing ideas on what to wear and where to get it. As such were going to take a look inside the closets of hip girls and see what we find. Since I like to pretend I'm hip I'll go first. Here is a look inside my wardrobe.







  1. Stella McCartney for H&M Blazer: I love H&M's designer partnerships (can't wait for Viktor & Rolf) and last years Stella McCartney collection was particularly good to me. I wear this blazer with everything from jeans and a t-shirt to dresses. Its my no brainer item as it goes with everything


  2. Madeleine Press Dress: I love the color of this dress, its the perfect seafoam green. I tend to keep everything else really neutral when I wear it so that the color stands out even more. I save this for special times when I really want to stand out. I also like to layer it with black underneath or over jeans.


  3. Theory Sweater: I saw this in the window of the store and just knew I had to have it. I like to layer this over a turtleneck or chocolate brown tank top. I love the flecks of gold in the material andI can't wait till the weather gets colder so I can wear it more.


  4. Accessories: Chloe Platform Sandals, Alexander McQueen Scarf, Marc Jacobs Sunglasses, Bow Pin, Chanel Book: These are my summer platforms, I plan to stretch them into fall as long as I can. I love a nice thick heel on a shoe as I feel its so much easier to walk in. For fall I plan on investing in a pair of great platform pumps. The McQueen scarf has been done to death these past few months but I still love the ones I've got. They really come in handy and look great either around the neck or around the waist. I like to tie mine on my head during bad hair days. The sunglasses are self explanitory, I think they keep me looking cool without seeming like a Rachel Zoe-ette. I got the bow pin for about 50 cents at a vintage store downtown and it dresses up everything. The Chanel book may seem like an odd "accessory" but I love it for all the inspiration that lies between its pages.


  5. Anthropologie Knit Camisole: This is another item I love for its color, paired with different colors it can seem either redder or more orange in tone. It just gives whatever I'm wearing a nice kick.


  6. Marc Jacobs Silk Shirt: I just got this the other day and I have yet to wear it outside but I keep trying it on at home as I'm in love with it. I just feel like its a unique take on the basic black shirt. I love almost everything Marc has ever touched so I'm always on the look out for his clothes in larger sizes.


  7. Paul & Joe for Target Blouse: Another designer collaboration I am in love with. I love Paul & Joe's whimsical prints so this appealed to me instantly. I usually wear this as a short sleeved jacket as the buttons can be a little snug around the bust area. Just goes to show you that there is a solution to every fashion problem.


  8. Accessories:YSL Muse, Vogue Paris, Fresh Lipbalm, Owl Necklace, L'Heure Bleue, CDs: My Muse carts around my entiire life and then some. I keep it filled to the brim and there is still always room for something else. I also feel an oversized bag compliments me since I have the stature to pull it off. Vogue Paris hands down my favorite magazine. Fresh Lipbalm is the best lipbalm in the history of everything. I always keep a tube of it witih me. I got my owl necklace from a street vendor a few weeks ago and everytime I wear it I get a compliment. I enjoy how quirky it is. L'Heure Bleue is my latest fragrance and its the single most elegant thing I've ever smelled. Music keeps me going and helps me especially when I'm picking out outfits. Right now I'm listening to The Sounds, Coralie Clement and The Twilight Singers.


If you would like your closet featured on Too Fat For Fashion email me at toofatforfashion@gmail.com with pictures of your goodies and a little bit on what they mean to you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL