simple is beautiful
Too Fat For Fashion: Crystal Renn in Harpers Bazaar
2 ... 2 ...

Thursday, January 4, 2007

Crystal Renn in Harpers Bazaar

It appears our girl Crystal has landed the cover of Harpers Bazaar Russia! This is a huge thing as I don't think I have seen a plus sized model on the cover of a major international fashion magazine since Sophie Dahl way back when. To think I was just bemoaning Harper's Bazaar US's endless stream of dull celebrity covers on The Fashion Spot. Glenda Bailey and co. should take a Iesson from their Russian counterparts. I think this cover is stunning. I love that fierce look in her eyes. That is what we call attitude ladies and gentlemen!!



I am currently on the look out for a magazine shop carrying this treasure in New York so I can share the editorial with everyone but enjoy the cover and a stunning editorial with Crystal shot by the reknowned Ellen Von Unwerth for Above Magazine.



I love this edit because its a straight size model and a plus model together and its not shown as being abnormal or somehow astonishing. Its not "OMG! Look she is thin! OMG! She ISNT!", its "Look at these two gorgeous girls in Gaultier." I'd love to see more of that in fashion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL