simple is beautiful
Too Fat For Fashion: Oooooh Dramaz... : Whitney Wins Top Model
2 ... 2 ...

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Oooooh Dramaz... : Whitney Wins Top Model

The internet has been buzzing about Whitney Thompson winning America's Next Top Model and becoming the first "plus-sized" (and I use the term lightly since Whitney is only a size 10 or so) model to win the competition.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now on the one hand you have the naysayers who feel this is a great big publicity stunt and on the other you have the overly optimistic news items acting like the results of a reality show are going to really change the tides of fashion. Since I didn't watch this cycle and can't judge based on Whitney's overall performance I can only base what I think of her on her polaroids and the few modeling shots up on Elite. I do like what I've heard of her in a couple articles.

"I'm not going to lose 50 pounds — if someone asks me to do that, I'll go to another [modeling] agency," she said. "I've already heard online from boys and girls all over the world who are dealing with eating disorders. They're thanking me for standing up and saying, 'I am a plus-size model and I am beautiful.'"

From what I can see she's a classic beauty with a lovely look - but was we all know all the real interesting stuff on ANTM happens behind the scenes and feel free to fill me in since I missed it this time around.

Thoughts on Whitney's win? Love it? Hate it? Does it even matter anyway since lets face it the only girls to go on to have legitimate fashion careers on that show were not the winners.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL