simple is beautiful
Too Fat For Fashion: Hunting High & Low: Grab & Go Clutches
2 ... 2 ...

Monday, June 25, 2007

Hunting High & Low: Grab & Go Clutches

I adore oversized purses. There may be nothing on earth that I like more than a bag that lets me cart around all my worldly goods without looking like a hobo. A giant bag can be a lifesaver because for some of us (read: me) there is no such thing as non-essential item. Last week I discovered that I had seven different lip glosses stuffed into the bottom of my purse. Do I really need seven glosses all at once?

Yes. Of course I do but there are times when one must downsize. Every so often a girl gets tired of dragging everything around with her. Sure a bag can fit your whole life but with everything else we have to deal with daily do you really want to? Sometimes you only need the basics and after months of walking around with purses large enough to be considered luggage I am officially ready for clutches.

A good clutch should be large enough to fit your day to day essentials but since its handheld it should also be small enough to avoid being uncomfortable. The F/W runways were laden with oversized clutch options which look great but can be a little tricky to handle especially once you take out the tissue paper and stuff them with your goodies. After you decide on a size that's right for you anything goes. Chose something neutral or go all out with wild colors and patterns, here we present a variety of options from inexpensive to super luxe.



UNDER 100 : Jeweled Clutch $48 - Steve Madden | Black Striped Clutch $48 - Urban Outfitters, Seersucker Clutch $38 - Amici | Gold Folder Clutch $95 - Ohna Elrich | White Patent Clutch $39 - Nine West

100 -300 : Embroidered Clutch $198 - BCBG Max Azria | Yellow Braided Clutch $295 - Lauren Merkin | Black Python Clutch $150 - Rafe | Black Floral Clutch $195 - Kate Spade | Gunmetal Clutch $195 - Lorelai

300 & UP : Peacock Embroidered Clutch $325 - Isabella Fiore| Croc Pin Clutch - Marc Jacobs (boutiques only) | Blue Suede Clutch $895 - Jimmy Choo | Red Quilted Clutch $1125 - Chanel (boutiques only) | White Quilted Clutch $395 - Marc Jacobs



Personally I'm itching to get my hands on that Isabella Fiore with the peacock feather embroidery. Its just the sort of thing I can see myself wearing and it can go from day to evening which is always a plus for a girl on the go. Is anyone else eager for the new clutches or are larger than life bags still going strong?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL