simple is beautiful
Too Fat For Fashion: Fresh Direct: Organic Skin/Bodycare
2 ... 2 ...

Monday, April 2, 2007

Fresh Direct: Organic Skin/Bodycare

TFFF Beauty Coverage

I know next to nothing about organic food. I've been to a farm exactly once in my life and the only thing I took away from that experience was a pair of ruined boots. My trips to Whole Foods are comprised of picking up whatever looks "yummy" as opposed to what complies with NOC standards and my apples are no doubt encrusted in all manner of poisonous radioactive material. In short organic food, not my speciality. I am sincerely trying to catch up with everyone else on this front but at present I cannot claim to be an expert.

Organic skincare on the other hand I know something about.

Ever since people started to become more conscious of what they put in their bodies companies have been popping up to bring their own environmentally sound variations of what to put on our bodies. There's something nice about looking at an ingredients label and being able to actually pronounce the contents of your skin care as opposed to wondering what exactly dimethicone polyrenophate is. Here are few all natural, cruelty free products I love, use and am generally excited about.


Featured products from : Ren, Juice Beauty & Stella McCartney


REN: Ren, is an UK skincare line I was turned on to by a good friend and ever since I started using their products I've been hooked. Their philosophy is all about combining technological advances and natural ingredients to create "clean skincare" a concept that sounds easier than it is. How many times have you used skincare that leaves you feeling more perfumed and chemical filled than actually clean. The line itself is incredible with loads of standout products. Their Mayblossom and Blue Cypress Facial Wash is heaven sent, it somehow manages to remove all my makeup without leaving my sensitive skin dry, a problem I've had with other cleansers. I also use the Multi Mineral Detox Mask once a week to save my skin from NYC's thick layer of smog.

Juice Beauty: My local Sephora just started stocking Juice Beauty, an organic skincare line that has been getting raves all over the place. So far I've had a chance to use their Green Apple Moisturizer which is fabulous but I've been dying to try their Green Apple Peel, a mask designed to improve skin clarity and texture.

Stella McCartney CARE: Stella McCartney is a designer I've always admired for her commitment to cruelty free fashion so I was intrigued by her foray into skincare. Her just launched CARE collection is the first designer organic skin line and its really quite lovely. I haven't had a chance to try the full range just yet but I'm working my way through my Discovery set and I like what I see thus far. The Purifying Foaming Cleanser is every bit as luxurious as one would expect. Plus it smells absolutely ravishing.




Featured products from: Dr. Hauschka, Ren, Korres, Red Flower


Dr. Hauschka: Dr Hauschka is like the gold standard in all natural skincare and their following borders on cultish. The good kind of cult though, not the bad Tom Cruise variety. Now there are about a thousand things I love from Dr. H but I've been using my Body Silk Powder daily since the weather started getting warmer and the Neem Oil Pen is always in my bag to treat my cuticles.

Ren: No. I don't work for Ren I just really like their products, not just for the face but for the whole body as well. Now, everyone is going to tell you about the Moroccan Rose Otto Body Wash and thats all fine and dandy its great but its lesser known cousin, the Neroli & Grapefruit Body Wash is just as good. I like to use the Neroli in the morning to wake me up and Rose in the evening to calm me down. Clearly I have a shower gel addiction. And for you exfoliation junkies nothing beats the Guerande Salt Exfoliating Balm for getting legs ready for summer.

Korres: Shampoo and conditioner are the areas in which I'm the absolute pickiest. My hair never seems to do what I'd like it to do and I'm not one of those lucky girls who rolls out of bed with perfect artfully mused tresses. Korres Rice Protein shampoo and Shea Butter Hair Mask make my life a little easier. Whenever I use them my hair comes out glossy and soft which helps even when I can't replicate what my stylist did in the first place.

Red Flower: In truth candles have little to do with skincare but the Red Flower Honeysuckle Candle keeps me zen and surely that can only have a positive affect on my overall well-being. The scent is sweet and fresh plus these are small enough to take with you when you travel. For something that touches the body as opposed to hovering in the air above it the French Lavendar Lotion is about as creamy as it gets.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL