simple is beautiful
Too Fat For Fashion: Hunting High & Low: Shirts 'n' Blouses
2 ... 2 ...

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Hunting High & Low: Shirts 'n' Blouses

I said in a previous post I'm not a classic dresser. But professionalism abounds, so instead of hunting high and low for, say, the ten best tacky plastic bangles, I have instead searched for shirts and blouses. Which I would love to wear myself if I didn't already know I'd drop chocolate ice-cream all over them.

Still, a good, crisp white shirt is a must for corporate interviews, for dressing up a great jean, or for wearing with nothing but your underpants as you prance about in a sunlit room having a Sunday morning slow-motion pillow fight with your lover.*

*Scene taken from cheesy film and not anyone's real-life. Sadly.

In our continuing feature, Hunting High & Low, we bring you the best shirts and blouses, for all budgets.

Budget Conscious? $20 - $60


Camisaco; Gap; Nexx

The white shirt from Camisaco has double-buttoned cuffs and is available in up to a 52" bust.

This shirt from Gap has a cute drawstring detail and button tabs, and is available in sizes up to XXL.

This Nexx shirt has a cute waist-defining sash and is available up to a US 18.

Splashing the Cash-ing? $60 - $150


Day Birger et Mikkelsen; Karen Kane; Fashionista.

This Day Birger et Mikkelsen features a very now crochet bib, and is available up to a 38" waist.

Not a shirt-shirt but this Karen Kane number is great for your girly days. Available in three plus-sizes, I love the embroidery detail.

This tunic-style shirt by Fashionista is a chic twist on a classic, available in four sizes, up to a US 14.

Got a Platinum Amex? $150+


Chloe, Anne Klein New York, Ralph Lauren Woman

What girl doesn't love Chloe? Le sigh. Love the broderie anglaise and round collar. Available up to a 41" waist.

I love the pin-tuck pleats on this Anne Klein shirt, which is available up to size Plus 24W.

Sure, it's navy...but I couldn't get through ten items without throwing in a little colour, and navy is both a classic and my favourite, so there! From Ralph Lauren's plus size Woman line, sizes 14-22.

Budget Conscious? $20-$60:
Not on the High Street - White shirt approx. $40
The Gap - Drawstring shirt $24.99
Nexx - Tie-front shirt, Nordstrom $58

Splashing the Cash-ing? $60-$150:
Day Birger et Mikkelsen - Cotton shirt approx. $150
Karen Kane - Embroidered blouse, Nordstrom $124
Fashionista - Tunic blouse, Bluefly $108

Got a Platinum Amex? $150+
Chloe - Broderie anglaise blouse, Net-a-Porter approx. $1,400
Anne Klein New York - Pleat front blouse, Nordstrom $215
Ralph Lauren - Navy ruffle blouse $159

Sigh... I want them all, but I know they'll get dirty. Still, if I could afford the Chloe, I could probably afford a dry-cleaner!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL