simple is beautiful
Too Fat For Fashion: I Want It All & I Want It Now!
2 ... 2 ...

Saturday, March 15, 2008

I Want It All & I Want It Now!

Since I run on my own unique (read: late) schedule I've got the last of the 7 things. Granted I've been cheating and I've already started my spring shopping but here are a few things I really want (read: need) in my closet for spring. A bit preppier than I usually go but if there ever was a time for channelling Lily Pulitzer it would be springtime.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Diptyque Candles
After a long hard day sometimes all you want to do is take a nice bath and light a candle. There is something so relaxing about filing the room with an intoxicating fragrance and there's really nothing more intoxicating and luxurious than a Diptyque. You know that feeling you get after a glass of wine? This is it - only in candle form. Sure they are pricey but the scents are unusual and last FOREVER (I really do mean that - days after you burn one the smell stays in the room) Oponnax is a spicy oriental scent I have been itching to try - right now my entire home is scented with the delicious Baies.

Y-Mail
The entire YSL Y-mail collection is adorable - I'm partial to the bags (of course) but the line encompasses all manner of ad ons from bracelets to clutches. I'm not usually one for an article of clothing that says the name of the designer - who really wants to be a billboard - but these little totes and wallets hark back to the good old says of snail mail. Remember letters? Those things we used to write out on stationary back before email took over. They were pretty great weren't they? I love the little stamp detail and address on these accessories and the silver tote scratches my itch for a metallic bag.

At YSL Boutiques & Neiman Marcus

Slingbacks
The second the calendar hits March I want to throw out all my boots and start wearing any and everything thats strappy. Unfortunately the weather is working against me at the moment but the second temperatures raise I'm heading out for slingbacks and loads of em. I've already ordered this pair of Theory slingbacks from Piperlime so I'm just one pedicure away from having some fun.

Shu Uemura Lipglosses
I know you guys, I don't have to explain why lipgloss made my list. Everyone knows lipglosses and spring are like PB and J. The Shu Uemura variant are the perfect texture and they've got the most delightful jam flavors.

Raf Simons Redux
I'm big on fashion books - if there is a designer I love I'm liable to pick up a book or two on them. I'm quite excited to read and see Raf Simons Redux as I love the look of his spare minimalist designs both for his own label and for Jil Sander.

Kenneth Jay Lane Bracelets
These are just awesome - I've been craving them for months but finally took the plunge. Almost every animal you can think up (lions, tigers and bears oh my) but in an intricate bracelet form. Some of the models even double as watches for added functionality. And if you'd rather not have a little zebra or seahorse strapped to your arm there are about a thousand non-fauna bracelets to choose from as well.

Beaded accents
Beading is on absolutely everything lately from dresses to shoes - the whole look is very 1960s prep set chic but can easily go from trendy to overdone with an excess of stones. I love a bit of beading around the neckline for an accent - it really spices up an ordinary item like a cardigan or sheath. I'm especially fond of this Banana Republic cardigan I just picked up in two colors - yellow and brown. Its got the perfect amount of detailing and is just the thing to throw over a sun dress once it heats up.

Check Banana stores for this one, the website has unfortunately sold out on the XL

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL