simple is beautiful
Too Fat For Fashion: Keen On Boys : Elena Miro F/W 08
2 ... 2 ...

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Keen On Boys : Elena Miro F/W 08

Now I can't begin to talk about fashion weeks without taking a look at what Elena Miro has to offer. As the sole plus sized company to do a full fledged show during the major fashion weeks (and why is that - Marina Rinaldi and co please step up) its important to see just what they're doing each season. This wasn't my favorite Elena Miro collection ever - some of the styling seemed a little too "office" for my tastes - but there were elements of it that I really loved. This season the overall theme seemed very androgynous and just a little tough - quite different from what were used to seeing for plus sizes. I always feel as though plus sized clothing suffers from an excess of frills and frou frou. I mean seriously how many floaty floral print print empire waist ensembles can feasibly fit into anyones closet? Sometimes you need a harder edge and I really welcome that.

Definite inspiration was being drawn from from Ralph Lauren's tux and tails Spring 08 collection and some of the edgier items had an almost Rag & Bone feel. Everything had a distinct personality - you've got the black fur (hopefully faux) jacket that looks like its been pulled out of Kate Moss' closet, all manner of almost Chrissy Hynde-esque little blazers and ties and of course the right amount of shine. More than wanting exact pieces I found myself getting a inspiration from the elements within the show itself - especially those great sequined accents.





Ok I totally fibbed - I need that sequined blazer in my life. How do you like this collection - love it, hate it, need something in your closet this minute? View the full collection at Style.it

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL