simple is beautiful
Too Fat For Fashion: ZZ Tops...and Dresses: Salon Z's Latest Offerings
2 ... 2 ...

Thursday, March 27, 2008

ZZ Tops...and Dresses: Salon Z's Latest Offerings

Maybe its just me but I've always felt like Saks' Salon Z was a little lacking. They've long been held up as one of the recommended plus sized high end outpost but lets face it things can be little (or alot) matronly. Which is fine if you're older or have a more conservative look but what if you want something a little younger or hipper? Contemporary wear is the largest gaping hole in the plus sized market as far as I'm concerned and Salon Z has been dragging behind its main competition Nordstrom Encore in the coolness department.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Salon Z looks from Amanda Uprichard, Alice & Trixie and Lewis Cho


Not one to be outdone Salon Z seems to be stepping up its game - with new editions from popular designers like Alice & Trixie, Lewis Cho, Maiya and Amanda Uprichard they seem to really be trying to update things. While these aren't full collections - only about three pieces per designer - I like that some of the hip labels you'd see on Shopbop or Net-A-Porter are adapting their popular styles for larger sizes. Its about time don't you think? Though I do see a bit of my pet peeve jersey fabric I'm happy to see even more silks. Everything Salon Z goes up to size 24 but the good stuff goes quickly. Everything is available for pre-order at the moment but it should be in stores / ship out soon.

See anything you're interested in? Personally I'm jonesing for the Alice & Trixie Cassandra Dress in the Moroccan black color but I find myself tempted by quite a few of items. I really hope Saks expands these collections and continues them -all of these designers have larger collections for straight sizes so it would be nice to see all the same options for plus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL